My Blog List

Friday, September 23, 2011

Three days...

A lot can happen in just three days. For example, you can go to class for 20 hours, spend 8 hours studying in a group with classmates, and still somehow manage to fit in 7 hours of work and 2 trips to the Verizon store to replace your busted cell phone. And somewhere in there, you can even find a few hours to sleep and watch an hour of TV while scarfing down dinner and having an abbreviate conversation with your significant other.

I have a strong feeling the next 10 months of my life are going to be run on caffeine and adrenaline (but at least now I'll understand which autonomic nervous system receptors are being stimulated by the adrenaline coursing through my veins).

To sum it up, week 1 was:
- Frightening
- Enlightening

and, finally,

- Encouraging

I'm terrified that I won't be able to absorb all this content to the level that I should, but I'm interested in all the things I'm learning and fascinated by the amazing things that happen within the human body naturally and with the aid of modern medical technology. I'm afraid my personal relationships will suffer due to my lack of time and/or energy to devote to those I love. I'm curious about my next class and my first interactions with patients. And most of all, I'm hoping that I've made the right choice in following this dream.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I'm Significant, WOOO-HOOOO!!!

Scott said...

You are gonna do great, because you are awesome.

the harrison family said...

i have to agree with scott. you're pretty awesome! you're going to be a great nurse kell! i'd even let you take care of me. :)