My Blog List

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Don't judge a recliner by its cover.

When your momma told you not to judge a person based on their outward appearance (or not to judge a book by its cover), she was giving you some sage advice. I try to live by that rule, but NOT when it comes in inanimate objects. Here comes the big point of this blog post: I was wrong, and I'm admitting it.

When Scott brought home this gem, I swore I'd never let it into our house. In fact, it spent a good stint in the garage upon arriving at our place. Teal is not a color that's easily incorporated into the decor of our house, and I've never been a big fan of recliners. But it was free, and Scott really REALLY wanted a recliner. Since he's so nice to me and is letting me live at his house during nursing school, I figured I really should let him keep whatever furniture he wanted in the "Man Cave," even if it is the color of a bad 1980's Naugahyde diner booth.

Here's the part of the post where I eat crow and say I was wrong.

I spent approximately 11 consecutive hours in this chair this weekend, reviewing flashcards and studying notes for school. And I have to admit that it's the perfect chair for long-range sitting, studying, and maybe even a nap or two. Plus, Brady fits on the foot rest when the chair is reclined, so she can continue her supportive role as "study buddy" and foot warmer.

So Scott, I was wrong. Your chair is lovely, Hubbell.

1 comment:

Scott said...

All I asked is that you give it a chance. You did, and now you see how wonderful teal leather can be.

While we are on the topic, I have a friend who is looking to part way ways with a lighty used chartruese suede loveseat.