My Blog List

Friday, September 9, 2011

C25K Week 1

Last week, I got a new iPod Touch. Yes, I know I should be saving money because I am a poor college student. BUT, I found out that I can get all my textbooks on the iPod Touch, and use it for email and internet while I'm in class. I don't know about you, but I'd rather carry a tiny iPod than 50 pounds of textbooks and a 10 pound laptop.

Along with the wonderful ability to access my books on the iPod, I can now download all the fun apps that all those snooty iPhone users have had for years. I haven't yet found an app that will train my dog not to bark or that will make my bed, but I am sure those are coming. In the meantime, I'm enjoying a few of the simpler apps available. One of those is C25K, an app to help couch potatoes train to run a 5K. For those that know me well, you know I'm infamous for my "plan of the week" and that my adult ADD prevents me from really sticking to things for more than 1 or 2 days (who am I kidding - 1 to 2 hours is a solid stretch for me). Well, I've used the C25K app for 3 days now, so this must be some kind of a record. Let's see if I can keep it up through next week. At this point, I'm running 60-second intervals, with 90-second breaks to walk in between. I know that sounds pretty wimpy, but given the fact that working out hasn't been on my list of favorite things to do for a few years, I'll take what I can get. As Dr. Leo Marvin said, "Baby steps..."

No comments: