My Blog List

Thursday, September 1, 2011

No lizards allowed!

In my bedroom, that is.

We have a few lights around the house on timers, set to turn off at 10:15pm. (I'd like to say that this is a theft-deterrent measure, but really it's just because I don't like the idea of our poor little puppies being home in a dark house all evening on those nights when we're not home. And who am I kidding? The combined 156 pounds of fur and teeth guarding our house really negates the need for any other theft-deterrent systems. But on with my story.) I was all set to hop under the covers and read 1/2 page of a good book before falling asleep. Sadly, I was planning to go to bed before the light in my room is set to turn off, so I got up to manually change the timer so the light would go off. I'm not going to say what time this was, because I don't want you to make fun of how early I was going to bed.

I got the surprise of my life when a little, teeny-tiny lizard scampered out from behind the light timer and proceeded to skitter across the wall, Spiderman-style, behind the dresser and far out of my reach. Not that I would have touched it if I could reach it or move that fast, but I was completely caught off guard. I'm not prepared to deal with lizards outside the house, let alone living in my bedroom!

Although this little monster was too quick to catch, I found a picture of a similar beastly creature, so that my faithful blog reader (that's right, singular, because there's only one of you) can share in the horror and fright that accompanies lizards living inside your house. Enjoy!




1 comment:

the harrison family said...

hahaha...would have wet my pants!