My Blog List

Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm naked Mom!

I'm becoming a cheapskate in my old age. So, today I took Brady to a new place to get her hairs did - excited that it was $15 less than the regular PetCo cut. It's hot in the south during the summer, so when they said "is this for a summer cut?" I responded in the affirmative. Now I'm not so sure that was the best idea.

I'll say that I had serious reservations when I dropped Brady off, because #1, the puppy salon was on Lamar (for those of you that know Memphis, that's a little sketchy to start), there was hair everywhere, it was dirty, and it smelled as though something might have died there; and #2, the man working behind the counter bore a strong resemblance to Lil Wayne.

In any case, I was nervous all morning, wondering if I'd get my whole dog back when I picked her up (and wouldn't I feel guilty forever if she sacrificed a tail or toe just so I could save a measly $15). So, at 12:30, I nervously walked into the salon to get my dog. I was pleasantly surprised to find she was in one piece, and her hair doesn't look half bad! Although I think she's stylin' with her new summer 'do, Brady doesn't agree. She tucked her tail on the way into the house as though embarrassed to be caught naked out in the neighborhood.

The real test will come later today when we head to the dog park. We'll see how this shorter style does in the hot weather, and maybe it'll even let us prolong our game of fetch, so I can avoid going home and doing homework.

Our lesson today is that you shouldn't judge someone based on their appearance - whether they're a rapper-turned-dog-groomer or just a little puppy sporting a buzz cut. I suppose this supports my (naive) belief that people are inherently good.

(Scott, please note that Brady is now wearing Bama-colored ribbons in her hair. I hope you're proud.)

2 comments:

the harrison family said...

baaaahaha. :) glad you got her back in once piece. does she have any gold toofers? poor brady - unfortunately giving your child a bad haircut is just part of parenthood.

KCJones said...

She doesn't have any gold teeth, but I think they did do a weave on her ears.