My Blog List

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Déjà vu anyone?

At some point in our lives, we've all wished we could go back to another time and relive the "good old days." I used to say if I had to pick, I'd go back and re-do my time in Athens at Ohio University. Those, for me, were the good old days. No bills, no worries, good friends, and something fun always around the corner. Plus we had some pretty great Halloween parties.


Well, I'm grown up now. I've got six years of marketing experience under my belt, and an MBA. And it is beginning to look like I'm going to get my wish of going back to my undergrad days. Why, you ask? Because it appears that I'll be retaking elementary courses like Freshman English in order to earn a bachelor's of science in nursing.


I want to believe that this is the right decision. And I know it's going to be hard. But I just didn't think it was going to be this hard. I feel like I'm fighting for every step of the admissions process, and each time I get a step ahead, something comes through and pushes me three steps back. Or, in this case, 10 years back in the educational scale.


I believe that people make decisions, and whether they're "right" or "wrong," we learn to live with them and make the most of those decisions. I've made my decision to leave my job and move to follow my heart. And I still believe I'm doing it for the right reasons. I'm just beginning to worry that I'm not going to get what I'm looking for in terms of an education, and I don't know where that leaves me.
This photo has nothing to do with this blog post. I suppose I've put it here to cheer up my readers (all two of you) after such a depressing post. So here's Rizzlekins, trying to make you smile.

1 comment:

the harrison family said...

Aaawh, Kell. Don't get discouraged. I know it's extremely frustrating, but I hope that it will all be worth it in the end (nursing school that is). It makes me so sad to think that you're going to be moving soon. Tear.