My Blog List

Friday, July 23, 2010

Why mess with a good thing?

Many people believe that you can continually improve on things and ALWAYS make them better, more efficient, more effective, etc. And I'm in agreement that most of the time that's true. However, there are certain things that should NEVER have been "improved upon," and since I have nothing else to say, I'm going to give you my short list of things that were fine, just the way they were. (Totally random, I know...)

1) Plain M&M's. They have a delicious candy coating, and a rich, chocolatey middle. Why would you want to change that simple beauty by adding nuts/pretzels/peanut butter?

2) The opening animated graphic at the movies, where it looked like you were riding a roller coaster of film. That was so fun, flying up and down, passing popcorn constellations, etc. It was almost the best part of any movie! Maybe it was just an Ohio thing, but if anyone else has seen it, you know what I mean.

3) Mattresses. OK, on this one, I'm torn. I love my pillow top mattress. But I have to believe I'd be SO much more productive if I still had my old, hard, doesn't-give-you-any-reason-to-stay-in-bed-on-a-Monday-morning mattress.

I'm running out of steam here. Feel free to add to this list by posting a comment with YOUR list of things that were good enough just as they were.

That's all I have for right now, but if you've got things to add to the list, feel free to comment.

No comments: