My Blog List

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I've been attacked by a Tuscapotomus!

Although I moved to Louisiana 25 days ago, I feel like I've hardly spent a single day here since the move. One week back to Memphis for work and a final, and then a weekend trip to Tuscaloosa to cheer for the Bent Rim Bicycle Club as they rode in the Hot 100 bike ride.

The trip to Memphis was quite memorable, because Counterpart had its first "employee only" Counterparty at the Hollywood Cafe in Tunica, MS. I swear, I could feel the ghost of Elvis. Or maybe that was Raiford? (For those non-Memphians, if you're ever in Memphis and find yourself looking for something to do around 1am, Paula & Raiford's Disco is the PLACE to be!)

The trip to Tuscaloosa was also great for several reasons. 1) I got to meet several of Scott's friends that I'd heard so much about. They're a lot of fun and pretty hilarious. 2) Tuscaloosa is really pretty. It reminded me a lot of Athens, OH, my alma mater. 3) I got to be perhaps the first person this decade to order a salad at City Cafe. Apparently "meat and three" is the way to go there. Someone should have told me before I ordered... Scott.

So there you have it. Now it's time to settle down to real life. Classes start in less than a week, and I need to find a job. That's all for now. Maybe you'll get another update in the month of August. Maybe not. We'll just have to see!

1 comment:

Scott said...

For the record(and steven and parker will attest to this) when we sat down at the table I handed you the menu and pointed directly to the friday lunch menu informing you that this was the list of options for the day. Someone...kelley...decided to venture off into salad land even as the other 3 of us were in lengthy discussion as to which meat and 3/4 vegiies to have. Not to mention that you ordered a salad AFTER the 3 of us placed our NON-SALAD orders.

I say all that to say this: When in Tuscaloosa do as the Tuscapotamous does, and the Tuscapotamous don't do salad.